Bearwood Old Royals Association
The Bearwood Old Royals Association represents the Alumni of Bearwood College. It exists to maintain, promote and enhance the relationships between the Bearwood Old Royals and the staff and scholars of Bearwood College and the Royal Merchant Navy School (including those educated under the auspices of the Royal Merchant Navy School Foundation). To find out more, visit www.oldroyals.org.uk
The Bearwood Old Royals Association is open to all scholars educated by the Royal Merchant Navy School Foundation together with all former pupils of Bearwood College, from whatever year. Lifetime membership is guaranteed through the payment of a minimal membership fee of £75. For current Bearwood College scholars, this is collected through the tuition fees invoice as an termly subscription charge of £5.
Benefits of Membership
Catch up with your old school friends at our events!
Events organised throughout the year include an Annual Reunion and an Annual General Meeting. These are usually held on the same day and all members of the Association are welcome to attend one or both gatherings. Overseas reunions for members who have moved abroad or who fancy coming on holiday with a catch up are also popular. Recent get-togethers overseas include Tasmania and Canada with a reunion in Spain in 2008.
From time to time the College, together with the Bearwood Old Royals Association, organises sporting events such as Cricket, Football or Rugby matches. Held at the College, these occasions provide former scholars an opportunity to test their sporting prowess against current scholars. Details of such events can be found in the Events Calendar on the new website. Please note that when playing Rubgby there are age restrictions when playing against the 1st XV.
Keep in touch online
The Bearwood Old Royals website is available to everyone, providing useful information on the activities of the Association. However, an additional site, featuring an online database of Bearwood Old Royals, can be accessed exclusively by members of the Bearwood Old Royals Association.
Access the Bearwood Old Royals Database
Members of the Bearwood Old Royals Association can access a secure database of former school mates by simply completing a quick registration process. Once registered, there are a number of exciting benefits:
- Stay informed about BORA news, events and issues relating to Bearwood College.
- Update your own record as you see fit and manage and report on your own events and activities.
- Maintain contact with other former scholars via the on-line 'Who's Who'.
- Obtain your own personal e-mail address that remains the same no matter how often you move or change other e-mail addresses. For example: email@example.com
- Benefit from a network of former scholars’ professional and business contacts with whom you share a common school heritage.
- Share your knowledge skills and advice with current and future generations of scholars seeking university information, career guidance and work experience if you so wish.
To register as a Member of the Bearwood Old Royals Association follow this quick and easy process:
- Go to www.oldroyals.org.uk
- On the home page, select the button Members Area which takes you to the secure site.
- Complete the registration form following the prompts.
- Once you submit your application, your details will be checked against our database and confirmation details of your completed registration will be sent directly to you.
Please note that the information on this database is never sold or passed on to commercial third parties for purposes unconnected with the BORA or Bearwood College.
To connect with the Bearwood Old Royals simply log on to our website at www.oldroyals.org.uk
To view our new website, which is available to members only, access it by clicking on the 'Members Area' box in the above website or by going directly to https://www.webalumnus.com/wa/UserLogon.aspx?oid=50013
Alternatively, to contact the Secretary, please email OldRoyalsSecretary@bearwoodcollege.co.uk or Secretary.firstname.lastname@example.org