Data Protection & Privacy
At Bearwood College we take care to ensure that personal information collected through our website is treated appropriately and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
How we use your information
- visitors to our websites
- visitors who use our online services, eg those who subscribe to our e-newsletter (Update) or RSS feeds, request a publication from us, or complete a ‘Contact Us’ form.
- visitors who access other sites through our website eg YouTube or WebMail.
Please note that we will not sell your personal information to Third Parties.
Visitors to our websites
When someone visits www.bearwoodcollege.co.uk we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting the site. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Access to personal information
Bearwood College tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information.
Disclosure of information
- We will not sell personal information to third parties.
- We may be required to disclose information concerning you if requested to do so by the police.
How to contact us
Requests for further information should be addressed in writing to:
Berkshire RG41 5BG
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 14 July 2012.