Admissions and Registration Procedure
1) Request a Prospectus/visit via the website, or by calling Louise Lawson-Hatch, Registrar on 0118 974 8300. Mrs Lawson-Hatch will also be able to advise you on the availability of spaces in each year group.
2) Arrange an initial visit to us. A visit to an Open Morning is a good opportunity to see the school for the first time. We have a Saturday Open Morning each May and October, Midweek Prospective Parental Tours on specific dates throughout the academic year or a personal tour can be arranged at your convenience.
3) Registration. Complete a Registration form and return it with the registration fee of £100 (non-refundable). Registration Form.
4) Entrance Tests/Interview:
For entry to Years 7-10 in September 2013: Your son/daughter will be invited to sit an academic assessment (English, Mathematics and Non-Verbal Reasoning) and have an interview with the Headmaster.
Pupils whose first language is not English must sit an English Speaker of Other Languages (ESOL) test, under exam conditions, in order to demonstrate that their command of English will enable them to cope with the demands of the curriculum. NB: These tests can often be taken at their current school or, if you are applying through an agent, at their offices. Please go to overseas for further information. In March 2009 the United Kingdom introduced new immigration rules. The College will assist parents through this process.
5) Reference. On receipt of a registration form and with your agreement, we will request a confidential reference from your child's current school, together with a copy of their most recent school report.
For entry to Years 7-10: Places are offered from February 2013. Year 8 pupils taking Common Entrance exams at their current school will be expected to reach a good standard but will still be required to sit our academic assessment, for setting purposes.
For entry to the Sixth Form: Conditional offers are based upon the reference received from the student's current school, individual interview and the achievement of at least five GCSE passes at Grade C or above.
7) Accepting a place. Complete an Acceptance Form and return this with a deposit of £500. This will then be credited to the final account of those entering Bearwood College. It will not normally be refunded if an application is withdrawn prior to a place being taken up.
For futher information, or to discuss any issues specific to your child, please contact Louise Lawson-Hatch, Registrar on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0118 974 8300.